Friday, January 3, 2020

Journal Inspiration: First Page Ideas

New year.  New Journal

And that means, it's time to tackle that intimidating first page.

I know that some people like to skip the first page of their notebooks, thus removing the intimidation factor.  I, however, like to fill each and every page of my journals which means I have to fill the dreaded first page.  

Thankfully, sometimes a little inspiration is all you need.  So here are some of my favorite first page ideas.

Make Some Goals

I started a new journal yesterday.  I'm calling it an art journal since it will include a little bit of everything.  I decided to start my journal by making some goals.  One of my big goals this year is to add something to my journal every day.  


Supplies used:






Make a Vision Board

Take your goals one step further and make a vision board.  Find images that represent your goal and glue them to the first page or pages of your journal.  This vision board is a good reminder that you will see every time you open your journal.

Supplies used:
Grocery store flyers
Magazines



Write an Inspirational Phrase

This is a great opportunity to practice your lettering skills while giving yourself a little inspiration every time you open your journal.  This one reminds me that my journal is a place where it is safe to do whatever I want and to make mistakes.


Supplies used:
Some cheap Dollar Store markers









Write a Quote

Choose a favorite quote and practice your lettering.  Can you tell I like to practice my hand-lettering?


Supplies used:








Draw your Supplies

Why not start your journal by drawing the supplies you intend to use in the journal?  On this particular example, I intended to add more supplies as I continued through the notebook, but never ended up coming back to it.  A great way to practice your doodling skills.


Supplies used:






Test your Supplies

Not all supplies work well in every notebook, so it's always a good idea to test the supplies you intend to use in your journal before diving in.  If you plan to do art in your journal, this is also a great way to keep a catalog of the colors that are available to you.



Supplies used:





How do you begin your journal?
Have you ever tried any of these ideas?  Or will you try them now?


No comments:

Post a Comment